The missing element is believed to be TGC, as the inn was owned by Thomas Gery Cullum at the time. This is from the wall surrounding the Tollgate Inn, Fornham Road, Bury St Edmunds
Photographed too late!

Wall Plaques of
Bury St Edmunds and surrounds


Picture Page 6, 1974 - 1989

The building on which a plaque is fixed is usually shown below it.
Click images to enlarge

Commemorating Thingoe RDC 1894-1974

Plaque on statue of St Edmund
Commemorating the demise of West Suffolk County Council on 31st March 1974

Commemorating HM Queen's Silver Jubilee 1977

Thingoe House in Northgate Street.
Now NHS property

Statue of St Edmund
By Elisabeth Frink
Located by the Cathedral

Traverse paved area in January 2007
showing pedestrianisation since 1977

Opening the Public Library 1982

Modern plaque 1986, Sparhawk Street

Bury in Bloom
Street Winners 1987

County Library in St Andrews Street, Bury

Chantry Hotel Yard, Sparhawk Street

Orchard Street, Bury St Edmunds

Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster of 26th April 1986

The Town Trust uses plaques today - 1988

Chernobyl Plaque located at Spring Lane entrance to Tayfen Local Nature Reserve

The old Coach and Horses inn

1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
[ Prev ]      [ Next ]
The next page includes more wall plaques
Other wall plaques can be seen around the town.

Go to Plaques homepage Produced 11 April 2006 Go to Main Home Page