The missing element is believed to be TGC, as the inn was owned by Thomas Gery Cullum at the time. This is from the wall surrounding the Tollgate Inn, Fornham Road, Bury St Edmunds
Photographed too late!

Wall Plaques of
Bury St Edmunds and surrounds


Picture Page 2, 1800-1839

The building on which a plaque is fixed is shown below it.
Click images to enlarge

Plaque over the old Westgate Brewery
Westgate Brewery 1800

James Oakes 1807
Property boundary marker
St Andrews Street South
This plaque was probably on Oakes' former combing sheds on this site, then becoming Boby's main office.

These Alms Houses (at Hawstead) were erected and endowed by..

Old Brewery Gate in Westgate Street

View of Connexions Carpark
St Andrews Street South

..Philip Metcalfe, founded in 1811

C L 1814
Pakenham Water Mill

Thomas DeCarle 1829, Sparhawk Street

Thomas DeCarle 1830, Sparhawk Street

Pakenham Water Mill
View from the road.

Rear wall to yard of Chantry Hotel

Chantry Hotel Yard, Sparhawk Street

The Widow's House
In memory of Lady Bunbury

This wall belongs to W E Image 1836

J B's initials, 1837
Grapes Inn Yard
Joseph Baker was licensee at this time when the inn was called the Cock. Henry Braddock's Southgate Brewery owned it.

Forge Bungalows
The Street
Great Barton

Wall behind St Mary's Church

The Yard to the Grapes Inn, St Andrews Street north, Bury St Edmunds

1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
[ Prev ]      [ Next ]
The next page includes more wall plaques
Other wall plaques can be seen around the town.

Go to Plaques homepage Produced 2 April 2006
Updated 10 March 2008
Go to Main Home Page