The missing element is believed to be TGC, as the inn was owned by Thomas Gery Cullum at the time. This is from the wall surrounding the Tollgate Inn, Fornham Road, Bury St Edmunds
Photographed too late!

Some architectural details around
Bury St Edmunds


Picture Page 7 - Corn Exchange of 1861

Click images to enlarge

Corn Exchange from Abbeygate Street

Corn Exchange from the south east
From Abbeygate Street

Corn Exchange shops, viewed from the north east on Corn Hill
Specsavers occupies the old Butchers Shambles

Corn Exchange Portico
The Earth is the Lord's and the Fulness thereof

Office Entrance in Out Westgate
Erected by Lot Jackaman the builder from original mouldings for the Corn Exchange. C 1861.

1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
[ Prev ]      [ Next ]
The next page includes more wall plaques
Other wall plaques can be seen around the town.

Go to Plaques homepage Produced 24th August 2006 Go to Main Home Page