The missing element is believed to be TGC, as the inn was owned by Thomas Gery Cullum at the time. This is from the wall surrounding the Tollgate Inn, Fornham Road, Bury St Edmunds
Photographed too late!

Some architectural details around
Bury St Edmunds


Picture Page 5

Click images to enlarge

Sarah Worton
Apparently Well preserved stone from 1698
Located north side of Chapel of Charnel
Recut 1958

Arthur Young's fine tomb at Bradfield Combust from 1820

John Decarle's elegant tomb of 1828

Greene King's Museum within building from 1881

Gates remaining behind the hospital from Hardwick House

Hardwick House Pet Cemetery
Behind the Hospital

Gates to the Gibralter Barracks of 1878

Gibralter Barracks of 1878, seen here in June 2006

Old Fire Station of 1899

Old Fire Station, but now the Halifax Building Society

Once the Corn Exchange
Then Fire Station, Library, School of Art
Now Harriet's Tea Rooms and shops

1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
[ Prev ]      [ Next ]
The next page includes more wall plaques
Other wall plaques can be seen around the town.

Go to Plaques homepage Produced 24th August 2006 Go to Main Home Page