The missing element is believed to be TGC, as the inn was owned by Thomas Gery Cullum at the time. This is from the wall surrounding the Tollgate Inn, Fornham Road, Bury St Edmunds
Photographed too late!

Some architectural details around
Bury St Edmunds


Picture Page 4

Click images to enlarge

Gatekeepers lodge, Eastgate Bridge

Remains of St Nicholas Hospital, Eastgate Street

Details from land deed
Sparhawk Street, 1878

Old stables at the Fox Inn, Eastgate Street

Hanchets Yard in Kings Road
Now offices

Tombs of two local builders
Decarle's is oval, and behind it is the larger Steggles family grave

The Monument in Chequers Square
Relocated from St Mary's Square

Chequers Square Monument
Base east

Chequers Square Monument
Base west

1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
[ Prev ]      [ Next ]
The next page includes more wall plaques
Other wall plaques can be seen around the town.

Go to Plaques homepage Produced 24th August 2006 Go to Main Home Page